The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

A Ciplak-y Autumn

(Although the fact that the only two seasons in Malaysia are 'hot' and 'wet' makes that title a bit redundant...)

Got a call from GSC this morning. The good news? Ciplak has been passed by the censorship board with only two cuts! Noonch-ness indeed. All that needs to be done now is the aforementioned cuts, the tweaks to the animation, some color grading if possible and a couple of test runs.

But with all good news there is also the bad - Although the specific date is not confirmed, Ciplak will only be appearing at the international screens of GSC in August. Maybe even September.

Arse-nuggets. Looks like my plans to release a movie before my 26th birthday are no longer feasible. But on the bright side, the movie was finished way before my 26th, so that's cool beans.

Now comes the tricky part of trying to figure out how to work the promotions and media to my advantage, given the late release. There's already been press coverage of the movie, even a review. But there's still a couple of months before the movie is released. How to go about it... hmmmm... I shall need to put on my thinking cap and refer back to old advertising tricks.

Albeit cheap ones.

I guess it's also a good thing that Ciplak isn't being released slap-bang during the summer season spectaculars. Seriously, if you only had enough money to see one movie a month and it was a choice between Pirates of the Carribean 2/Superman Returns/Mission Impossible 3 and my shitty-ass RM$10,000 movie, which would you pick? Trying to choose between me and Johnny Depp/Brandon Routh/Tom Cruise ain't no choice at all, regardless your gender or sexual alliance.

So August it is. That should give me time to get all my other shit in gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment