The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Small Pimpin'


So a pimp came up to me the other day.

I was at Starbucks at Centerpoint, infuriated by the dodgy internet connection in the smoking area. In the end I decided had to give up on the cigarettes for an hour just to get my work finished because an hour of work had already taken up two and a half. As I was packing up, I noticed a dodgy looking Chinese guy, dressed in the manner of a DVD peddler, darting his eyes about, looking for... something.

He then locked eyes on me and, in the most lamest attempt to try and seem unsuspicious, said "hey boss" then proceeded to 'discreetly' show me some pictures on his phone. Of his ho's.

You got to give it to the guy. 21st century pimps need 21st century technology. This man no longer needed to bring the merchandise with him, he could show it to me in 3.2 megapixels.

So you'd think, with such tech-savvy entrepreneurialism, he'd have enough brains to figure out that no guy with his girlfriend would ever,ever consider discussing the price list and menu of his ho's. Especially not at 3pm on a Saturday.

Yes, my girlfriend was there with me. And as the dude walked away after I kindly hand gestured him to go away we both looked at each other with a perplexed look of "was that motherfucker for real?!"

Even if you and your girlfriend were into paid threesomes, would you do business at 3pm on a Saturday? In Starbucks?

I wonder if the guy gets any business at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment