The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

I Am My Own Grandpa

I'm sat at Starbucks and they've been playing some compilation CD which is beginning to get on my nerves. I have nothing against Cat Stevens (sorry, Yusof Islam) singing about the Love Train and I fucking love Harry Belafonte, but a country song with "I'm my own grandpa..." as the chorus is taking the biscuit a bit too fucking much. "...It sounds funny, I know..." No shit, Sherlock.

Moving on...

I told my immediate superior about my intentions of leaving last night before leaving the office. I'd been meaning to for the past week, but I've been shit-scared of doing it for a number of reasons. The main one? Because he's a friend. If he was just a boss I'd have no problem with walking in and telling him "sorry, dude, I quit". But he's a friend. We were a team. It almost felt like I was breaking up a band (and the last time I did that, let's just say things got very emotional. In a non-angry sort of way).

He made some fair points. Particular concerning my upcoming bonus. The annoying thing is, the bonus will come in March. I have a three months notice, which means I won't be out of the office till late June or early July. That's the rub. I really feel I deserve the bonus, or at least a bump up to 'Copywriter' as opposed to 'Junior Copywriter' (a title which stopped me from asking for namecards for about a year to save face when I meet clients) with an increment.

But it's too long a wait. He asked me to think about it over the weekend, to at least think about waiting till the bonus before leaving since there's a good chance the company might be mean and, upon hearing of my intention to leave, take the bonus away. Makes sense. Why pay someone who's leaving?

Dammit.

Right now I'm fucking tired and nursing a cold. I've got to go to a gig soon. Both Y2k and Triple 6 Poser are playing, and if you're reading this on a Saturday then I assume that means you're not coming (sob sob and other such silliness).

I may have also inadvertedly insulted a distribution company I was hoping I could send my movie to for their consideration. Nice going, Guber.

Now their playing a song about a girl who "swallowed the cow to catch the goat she swallowed the goat to catch the dog she swallowed the dog to catch the cat she swallowed the cat to catch the spider that wriggled and jiggled and tickled inside her she swallowed the spider to catch the fly I don't know why she swallowed the fly... I think she'll die".

I. Am. Deadly. Fucking. Serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment