The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

3 Months and Counting

So.

Yup.

I've officially resigned.

Eddy did it first and posted about his resignation first and had a cooler title for his post. However, my tardiness is not due to being over-worked or laziness.

I took longer to resign because when push comes to shove if I have to be in a big international company there's no other company I'd rather be in than Grey.

Yes, I bitch about it, talk smack about it, I complain about my stupid hours and stupid jobs and stupid clients, but I have a great team, a bunch of real cool friends here and I learnt a lot.

But I do have to focus. Hopping from one thing to another, juggling my advertising job with my music and filmmaking and my attempts at a social life have left me incredibly exhausted and lacking in brain juice.

I want my brain juice.

When I passed my letter to the head of HR her first words were,

"What's wrong?"

And I honestly told her "nothing". Whilst working in this company can be a drab and sometimes it's dull and sometimes it's downright infuriating I can still persevere here.

IF I wasn't doing the other stuff.

I know there are some at the office who may be dissapointed with me, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

(Where is that line from? Anyone who knows shall receive a cookie.)

So in three months I'll be saying goodbye to Grey. Goodbye shitty windows 98 PC, goodbye drab white walls, goodbye idiotic and poorly written job requisitions, goodbye Wisma-bloody-Genting...

...and most of all, goodbye to all the great people I've worked with and all the good times we shared.

...

There, that's enough of that emo business. Click here for some hot beaver action.

No comments:

Post a Comment