The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Caffeine Killa

So here I am. In Starbucks. Drinking fucking coffee again.

For the past week I may have had maybe three glasses of water. Every other form of liquid that has passed my lips has been coffee. Coffee coffee coffee. I make it in the office, I order it at Coffee Bean, I drink it at mamak stalls.

And if it's not coffee it's some other caffeine/sugar-overdosed beverage.

And I wonder why I'm so jittery.

My body feels like it's about to explode. Every nerve ending shake-shake-shaking away. I'm trying to type faster than I think and my fingers I trying to press the keys faster than I type. Madness, sheer madness.

But this is the only way I can keep awake enough to do all the things that needs doin'. I've been rehearsing every night since Tuesday, alternating between Triple 6 Poser and Y2k, for the upcoming gig. Tonight's Triple 6 again. I've got twenty minutes to get to Paul's Place to rehearse. From here, no sweat. My body is driving my car faster than my car wishes to.

And I still haven't mustered up the guts to let my group head know what my plans are for the upcoming year. Truth is I'm scared. Whilst I feel the company hasn't exactly been treating me nice, I like the people in my team. They're great friends. Just today my group head picked up a copy of Astonishing X-Men for me whilst he was in Kinokuniya.

"Thanks, boss! By the way, I'm leaving."

Not very nice.

It's tomorrow or nothing. Gotta do it tomorrow. Then at least I have three days of holiday to chill out and, if he gets mad, he's got three days to chill out too.

Ah, the madness of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment