The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Shoreditch Connection

Shooting: London Day 2


I like the sound of that. 'The Shoreditch Connection'. Sounds like a gangster movie. And, funnily enough, that's what the 'Connection's been doing in the UK, shooting the gangster scenes. It may seem weird, having a movie about piracy in Malaysia but not feature any Triads, but I have a perfectly good rationale for this:

(a) It suits the story

(b) I did not want to go the 'funny Triad' route often used by Malaysian movies, and probably wouldn't get away with the 'seriously scary Triad'

(c) If I offend East End gangsters in England, what have I got to worry about? They're in England. If I offend a bunch of Triads in Malaysia I'm a dead man.

Shooting: London Day 2So Man Method of the Shoreditch Connection called last night whilst I was in a meeting with Y2k's clothes sponsors. All UK footage is done and now all I've gotta do is e-mail the FedEx details and wire him the money for sending it over.

Phew.

With that in the can, 92% of the movie's footage is done. I've just got one more scene and a whole bunch of pick-ups. Then I can concentrate on editing and figuring out the 'non-footage' stuff: animation, etc.

Looks like I'll be shooting over Christmas. Fun.

Feedback on the trailer from the Shoreditch Connection was positive. What got me the most chuffed was when Man Meth' told me what Adam, the director and D.O.P., said about the trailer:

"This guy can edit."

Considering the dude's pretty professional about his own shoots and the fact that he doesn't know me, that's probably the best comment I've gotten thus far.

(No, your comments are just as heart-warming. If it wasn't for all of your positive feedback, I probably wouldn't be going through with my 'game-plan'. I love you all, and wish I could have your babies.)

Completion is coming close and thank God for that. The submissions for the Singapore International Film Festival is January 15th. I need to at least get a watchable cut done by then. I just hope they don't ask for a 35mm transfer. How the fuck am I going to do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment