The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Thursday, December 1, 2005

Almost There...

Phew.

Effing finally, after months and months of toiling (read most of the year) I finished the Y2k album last night.

Almost.

There are two things left that need to be done on my side: (a) record Landslide's vocals for his guest appearance on our hip-hop song (yes, we have a hip-hop song on our punk album. Gotta problem with that?) and (b) make any tweaks that the rest of the bandmates notice.

See, this whole week starting from last Saturday the only music to pass my ears has been the Y2k album, scrutinizing as much as I can. Sunday was spent listening to the fucking kick non-stop trying to fix the EQ on the bugger. And last night, just before rehearsals for our gig this Saturday, I passed a copy to the rest of the bandmates with a possible order and told them,

"Listen to it. Repeatedly. Write down anything you feel needs tweaking. I'm gonna listen to some other fucking music for a change."

After that I slipped in Dragon Red's debut album, 'Holocaust', into the car CD player and listened. Twenty minutes in I wished we had better equipment to record our album. If you see the Dragon Red album in stores, pick it up. It's good.

Tomorrow we have our band meeting to determine all the final details on the album before sending it off for mastering. Bearing in mind that's all just for the recording. We still need to figure out the CD cover design, details to put inside the cover, printing costs, 'tulen' stickers (a holographic sticker to prove it's an original copy even though pirates own the technology to make bootlegs of these stickers making their existence somewhat redundant), barcode registration, promotional materials, distribution, press, marketing, performing acts of fellatio and cunnilingus upon radio DJ's to get them to play our single and, last but not least, the launch and a tour.

Goddamn that's a lot of work.

On the bright side, at least I can now concentrate on my other creative endeavours, namely 'Ciplak', which still has a long way to go. There's the rest of the scenes to shoot, the action sequence, animated sequences, the trailer, promotional materials, press, festivals to submit, a premiere, etc. I also have about a night and a half to edit a Dragon Red music video from about 11 hours of footage. And there's that other thing. What's it called? Oh yeah, the day job.

...

Bright side my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment