The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Everything started building up to incredibly insane heights by Friday. I hadn't planned my shoot for the weekend, there was a strong possibility that I wouldn't have a cameraman on Sunday, I had an open house to attend on Saturday and a gig and most of all, the Y2k album had been delayed severely.

With exhaustion levels reaching killing point, it came down to crunch time: either concentrate on the movie this weekend or concentrate on the band. In the end, I chose the latter. I signed on to make the band's dreams come to fruition long before I even decided to shot 'Ciplak' and it wouldn't be fair of me to hold it off any longer. So no shooting was done over the weekend.
But that doesn't mean there was no shooting.




Way out West from here, in the lovely surroundings of Shoreditch in England, Man Method shot two of the UK scenes with his cast and crew (who's names I can't remember and those that I can I can't spell too well, so I'll refer to them as the 'Shoreditch Collective' for now).

The scenes shot were with the character 'Zash', best friend to my character, as we both talk over the phone and, from what I saw of the photos by the Meth', it should look quite cool indeed.

This weekend (this week, for that matter) my priorities will be towards (a) the band, (b) my physical and mental health and (c) work (notice how work comes third?). I'm trying my best to mix down the Y2k album to its utmost quality (a task which is quite difficult considering my supreme lack of decent equipment) to hopefully send off on Wednesday (if not, Friday, but if we send it this Wednesday we won't have to pay postage) but we still don't have all the vocal tracks recorded, which I'm doing tonight. Then, after playing at the Road to Soundstage gig on Saturday I'll be zooming off to Genting with some friends for some R&R.
Then, on the 11th and 12th of December, I'll be shooting everythingelse that requires daylight (including my still unplanned action sequence) whilst the Shoreditch Collective shoot the scenes with Neil the gangster (you thought I'd make a movie and not include gangsters? Pshhh...).

Even with the Y2k album I have been spending some of my time on Ciplak: editing the teaser trailer. I've finished about 55 seconds of it so far and it looks pretty cool (I think). I've cut it supremely fast so that hopefully you won't notice the... amateur-ish ness of it all. It's a bit tough considering I've only got 60% of the movie shot and that other 40% is a large bulk of the story and other cast, but as a teaser I guess it'll do. I'll then do up a quick teaser site so that people can download the trailer and find out a bit more about the movie.

Unfortunately my emotional and physical side is a bit on the downer. The day after the gig I woke up with an incredibly stiff and painful neck. Must have been all the headbanging on stage whilst playing. But that's not all. On the way out of the gig on Saturday my bag got caught at the side of the exit which yanked my arm out a bit more than would be safe for the human body. Now the muscle around my armpit/right side of the pec is in intense pain everytime I lift my arm more than 45 degrees upwards. Spend yesterday on painkillers and muscle relaxants only to be greeted by my parents in, to put it lightly, a bad mood. I won't go into details, but let's just say after that 'little' talk I felt quite worthless indeed.

Fuck it. I'm still making this movie. It may come out like shit, but it's myshit.
Hehehe... Gwen Stefani... "that's my shit, that's my shit".

I'm quoting Gwen Stefani. I need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment