The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Everything Is Grey

We haven't seen the sun for five days. If the clouds don't clear and I don't get some regular sunlight and dry tarmac shooting will have to be postponed again due to rain.

What makes it worse is that if I don't shoot this weekend I'll have to wait another two weekends before I can shoot again due to gigs and a trip to Genting which I could cancel but like fuck am I gonna give up a trip away from this city.

Besides, I don't want to over-rush like I was trying to do before. It just leads to re-shoots (and I'm already constantly looking at rushes thinking "maybe I should re-do that").

I've also been slowly trying to whore myself to the powers of the press for a tiny smudgeon of exposure before the movie's finished. KLue still hasn't gotten back to me (and I used to write for them, too) and I've just e-mailed kakiseni. I'll start following up with others in the press but the fact of the matter is I'm not that good at this kind of thing.

On the one hand there's that fear that my creative endeavours aren't 'artistic' enough (don't ask me to define 'artistic') and on the other hand I'm not good at coaxing people in order to get something. It's a manners thing. To me, asking the press to write about me is like asking a friend to join a 'business opportunity' which 'isn't a pyramid scheme, honest'. It just feels rude (this coming from a guy who likes to use the word 'fuck' more than a full-stop and repeatedly describes his bowel movements).

Promotion-wise, I'm hoping to at least get the teaser campaign out (a very lo-budget guerilla style teaser campaign) by the end of this month if I can get (a) my art director at the office to find some free time to design it (which, considering the work load we've got, looks impossible for about 3 years) and (b) whether this weekend I can get enough footage to start cutting a teaser trailer. No point in a teaser campaign if I can't lead them somewhere, so I'll lead the public to a trailer on a website.

Hmm... perhaps it's this lack of sun that's getting me down. Perhaps I should snort some crushed St. John's Wort. Or dilute it and inject it in my eyelids.

No comments:

Post a Comment