The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Bad Omens

Last night I had a dream. I was sat down on a bench with two other people who were filmmakers in Malaysia. One was quite prolific, the other was up and coming. We were awaiting a screening for something.

Then a friend of mine (who shall remain anonymous) who's trying to break into the film scene and happens to be working there comes over to ask us whether we'd like anything to eat. I order spaghetti bolognese, the prolific filmmaker orders aglio y olio and the up-and-coming guy orders carbonara.

A beat later, my friend returns with my plate. There's barely enough spaghetti for one bite.

"Dude," I ask, "what's this?"

"That's all you get," was his reply. He returned with the pasta for the other two guys: huge, overfilled plates. They dug in and I watched.

Then I woke up.

I think that pretty much sums up the way I'm feeling right now. Once again, my subconscious gives me short films to watch whilst I sleep.

(Some of you may have noticed I've edited this post from its earlier incarnation. I have reasons for this, which are many and varied.)

No comments:

Post a Comment