The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Pics From Production Day 4

ll photos are linked to my Flickr photo page and were taken by Ariff Aris, my D.O.P.



Shooting: Day 4


Yes. This is my idea of set design and art direction. Telling people to move chairs about.



Shooting: Day 4


Throughout the shoot I was still sick as pig shit and spent many a time rubbing my neck. For some reason I thought this would cause the phleghm to dissipate.



Shooting: Day 4


The cast rehearse. Rauf (left) is incredibly animated when he goes through his lines. Nazneen (right) is more of the read quietly and memorize type.



Shooting: Day 4


I wanted to try and experiment with my mic so I thought I'd try taping it to areas off-camera so that we wouldn't capture the movement of whoever's holding the boom mic. Here I am taping it to the table. Only problem was whenever someone hit the table it came out quite loud.



Shooting: Day 4


Rauf preparing for his role as T-Fresh: hip-hop wannabe and collector of DVD's of the African-American persuasion. The night before I was suddenly inspired and wrote four small additional scenes for his character. He kept cursing me for writing such fucked up dialogue and I kept reminding him that only a few days before he had me doing voice-overs for Voxel's upcoming animated project where I had to do not one, not two, but three different Indian characters who spout lines such as "muru-cool". I shit you not.



Shooting: Day 4


Nazneen in-between takes of her character: Liza, my character's bitchy underaged girlfriend. It took some coaxing, but in the end she did some mighty fine whine's that will cause men everywhere to run to the hills (which is probably a bad thing for her love life, but still). She was originally supposed to play the female lead in 'Celup' before the whole thing turned to shite thanks to... (army of lawyers restrain the Guber)... fuck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment