The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Ciplak: Production - Day 4

I seriously foresee many reshoots over the coming month or two.

This has been my first impression everytime I watch the rushes in one go. I just can't see it properly. It always feels like everything should've been shot at a different angle or something. I'm not sure.

However, I felt the same way about days 1 & 2, but after editing it together, they seem to work out alright. I guess/hope this is the case with day 4.

We got to the location at 3pm: Cravings Cafe in Hartamas. A very nice and cosy place with healthy home-made food to suit your cravings (ah... you see?). Today we were going to shoot all of Nazneen's scenes (playing my character's annoying underaged girlfriend) and Rauf's scenes (playing a black-wannabe who only collects DVD's of the African-American persuasion). Nazneen did pretty good, although there was many a time when she couldn't help smiling. The whine took a while but once we got the take it was brilliant. Absolutely grating.

We shot Nazneen's scenes from 4.00pm to 6.00pm, took a quick break and then shot Rauf's scenes. I dressed Rauf up in some of my most baggiest clothes and since he's tinier than me the clothes looked doubly baggy. I also wrote a bunch of new lines for Rauf with more jokes in it. Rauf kept cursing at me for making him spout such inane dialogue.

After that it was dinner, courtesy of moi and pricey as fuck to boot. But since I'm not paying the cast and crew it's the least I could do.

I'll post up photos and stuff once Ariff e-mails them over. Tonight I'm going to transfer the footage and do some rough cuts to see what's what.

No comments:

Post a Comment