The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

It's 12:47am

...and I'm back in the office again. I tried to upload this earlier at 12:15am but this stupid iMac deemed it too hard a task.

Triple 6's performance at the gig went surprisingly well considering we didn't rehearse. Currently feeling unable to write with flourish. Fucking tired. But there's still work to do.

When I was 15 I discovered a book on graphic design and art direction. From then on I wanted to be a graphic designer but had my hopes shattered when my mom turned to me and said,

"Why? You're cleverer than that!"

What she doesn't seem to understand is the amount of hard work it involves, and even though that day I felt like shit for having my mother tell me my chosen vocation was for idiots (which, I assure you, it's not), I'm now glad I didn't take it up too seriously.

Because whilst us writers do a lot of conceptualizing and writing, the designers and art directors bust their fucking balls to make those concepts come to life in ways that would make you cum with glee.

I'm bitching now about how tired I am, but I can't for the life of me imagine how tough it is for those guys right now.

Let's burn the midnight oil, fuck-holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment