The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

What's Going On With the Damn Movie?

This may (or may not) be the question popping up in your heads when it comes to that magnum opus I've been babbling on about for what seems like eternity:

What's going on with the damn movie?

Well, there's been a sort of epiphany, which I will describe to you in 12 Simple Steps because most of you buggers don't like reading long paragraphs:

(1) I've written a script with 110 scenes, 20 cast members, 10 crew members and 15 locations.

(2) To make this movie happen, I need a full team working and coordinated.

(3) To address this issue, I called in a producer.

(4) The problem is, for reasons I have not yet uncovered, the producer's tasks since I went to England and back had not been realized.

(5) No cast & crew meeting was planned, no water tight schedule, no confirmations.

(6) Upon returning, I tried to cover all this, but with my day job and the album, I was killing myself.

(7) This is why I needed a producer. To ensure I didn't drop dead.

(8) To ensure I do not die at the tender age of 25, I've re-examined the script.

(9) After painful introspection, I realized that I may be in over my head.

(10) This is too much work for one man.

(11) Ergo, the script for Celup will be kept on hold till further notice.

(12) But, by hook or by crook, I'm shooting a film this year.

I've gone back to basics, as it were, and asked myself, "what is physically and monetarily possible at this moment in time?" It looks like the only person I have to trust on this is myself, and until such time as I find willing, talented and loyal peeps to be my cast & crew of freaks I'm gonna stick to what works best.

Spontaneity.

Remember the moment of inspiration at 4am? I wrote a 15 page script. 2 cast members. 1 location.

The KSFM Short Films thingey is on the 25th of July. I'm gonna shoot this fucker this Sunday, edit it at night and submit the bastard.

I need to keep shooting. Need to amass cast & crew of the young & gifted variety. Need to get my chops.

I'm gonna keep shooting and shooting and shooting until I've got everything that it takes to make a feature length movie and no force on this fucking planet is gonna stop me. A director needs a pool of talent. A director needs to lead. I haven't got that many people that believe in me yet, but there will be, and the show must fucking go on.

Believe me when I say I take this movie making thing very fucking seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment