The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Inspiration...

...comes at the oddest fucking times.

I remember the copywriting workshop I went to, where the speaker told us that if you get an idea, write it down then and there or it'll be gone forever. If you're driving, stop the car. If you're sleeping, wake the fuck up.

Last night I woke the fuck up.

I was actually incredibly exhausted. Work was... infuriating, and after that I went to meet the former Godslacker of Concord College to chit-chat and catch up, but by 10pm I was dead in the water, made my way home and tried to get some sleep.

Then the Edster calls up in need of some emergency assistance. Not one to turn down a friend, the Khaiser jumped out of bed and leapt to the rescue.

Then the Khaiser realized he was still in his boxers, and leapt into the wardrobe.

So, after aiding the dude and chilling with him and Izuwan for a bit I got home around 1am and leapt back into bed for some rest.

And then it hit me.

I leapt right out and realized I've been doing a lot of leaping that evening. Then I pulled out my laptop and two and a half hours later I had a 14 page short film.

Whether I shoot this short film or not is an open question. I was thinking, in the back of my head, that since the KSFM short films thing is coming up I might as well do a Nicotine and shoot something in a day and edit it the next and send it off. If anything, it might be a good gauge for acting capabilities in my cast and gives me a chance to put that camera into use.

The end of submission date for KSFM is July 4th. Let's see what happens till then. As for my feature length, I'll get back to you on that storyline in my multi-tasking world.

I swear, sometimes I feel like Windows XP - it thinks it can multi-task like a motherfucker but sooner or later the bastard's gonna crash.

On a seperate note, Kinokuniya's RM10 voucher deal on comic books ends at the end of the month. Buy a comic over RM50, get a RM10 voucher (which can only be used till the end of the month). To top that, they've also got 20% off ALL issues of Warren Ellis' 'Transmetropolitan'. I have six comic book trade paperbacks in my bag right now (Transmetropolitan Vol. 4 & 5, Joss Whedon's Fray, Brian Azarello's 100 Bullets Vol.2 and Grant Morrison's The Mystery Play), and I've also got RM50 worth of vouchers.

Now I understand the madness at the MNG sale at Mid Valley (I hear a girl out there screaming 'SALE! Aaarghh!!!!' as she reads this).

No comments:

Post a Comment