The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Today I'm Officially 25 Years Old...

...and being the busy beaver I've been, I almost forgot it was my birthday this week.

It was my mother that reminded me last Friday. I just got back and she popped in and asked, "so what do you wanna do for your birthday?"

"What birthday?"

"You're birthday's coming up."

"Is it?"

I had to check the calendar on my mobile before I believed her.

I find it weird though that I completely forgot my birthday was this month. I'd like to think I wasn't keeping track of the dates, but I was. I truly forgot my birthday was coming up and this was the first time I've ever done that. I'm usually all psyched, "hehe... another way to dupe my parents into buying something via the cunning use of age whilst others buy drinks for me in my honour..."

Except in Malaysia, the culture is that the birthday boy is the one that buys drinks for all those that attend his birthday. A bit odd that. It's almost like paying your friends to turn up.

However, even with my indifference in age change it still feels good to get gifts, especially when you're not expecting them. My girlfriend got me a nice brown leather-ish bag (it could be PVC, I'm not sure) which is brill 'cos my backpack is dying a slow painful death. And tonight, I'm meeting my parents for dinner at KLCC.

Apart from that, I dunno what else to do. Possibly call all my friends out to the Loft on Friday. All the fuckers that don't turn up will no longer have an excuse. My parents have been asking whether I'd like to set up a dinner thing with a bunch of friends on Saturday but in truth, I don't think I have the time for that.

Things are getting hectic. And I'm getting haggard.

No comments:

Post a Comment