The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

We Wantsssit...

...and we gotsssit.




Finally, after much delibaration I chose, and bought, the Canon XM2.

If anything, it all came down to a test run. Almost in a complete reversal, the Sony guy was suddenly incredibly blur and the Canon girl was incredibly bright and good natured. I kept fooling around with the Sony but no matter what I did the images came out incredibly... flat. At least, on the TV screen. It wasn't enough to persuade me and the camera was pretty big and bulky.

The Canon, on the other hand, was incredibly vibrant and detailed. Pretty simple to handle and a lot more inconspicuous for those moments where I steal shots without asking permission. Plus, Sony haven't been picking up our calls. At least, that's what I've been told.

As for the movie itself, well, I'm still thinking about it and trying to decide what's the next best course of action. I really don't want to lose the faith of all those that have eagerly signed on for this, not to mention the big man himself, Jalaludin Hassan, but worse comes to worse I'd rather kill it whilst it's still in the womb rather than murder it as it crawls.

That was disgusting. I take that back.

But won't delete it because I want you to think I'm disturbed. Moobles.

A few thoughts are running through my head as to how I can save this sinking ship. A lot of the spontaneity that I usually call upon to make this little movies and ideas work is sadly lacking, so maybe that's something I need to bring back. Either way, I need to slow down my workload just a tad before I burn out and turn to nasty flaky crispy bits.

I like swords.

No comments:

Post a Comment