The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

This Is How I Feel Right Now...

DSC_3691


This pic should've been posted up together with others in a post of the pics taken on Day 7. Instead, I've been rushed about like a headless chicken, sat in to watch a research group where the discussion was done in mandarin and the person translating had a poor grasp of English and bad hearing, I've rushed through traffic, forced to take a job which is basically a cock-sucking session as incredibly serious (which I don't appreciate one bit), I'm late for an open house with my parents (which I know they were secretly looking forward to and now they will be quietly dissapointed), I've discovered I'm working on Saturday (which happens to be the same day that I'm supposed to be recording) and all those times that I used to feel like quitting that I thought were gone are all back again.

And it's not even that bad a job. It's just infuriating. This whole week it feels like everybody's out to piss me off and whilst I know that a lot of other guys in the same field as mine go through a hundred times worse. Hell, I know I've gone through a thousand times worse than this.

BUT I used to believe in it.

Whenever I start a job, I absorb, learn and do all I can. Hell, make me a shoe shiner and for that first year I'll shine those shoes so fine you'll be able to see up girls' skirts.

But if there's no rainbow, if there's no light at the end of the tunnel, if all the rousing speeches begin to feel like they're without promise and all those things you thought would happen the harder you worked don'thappen, well, there's a problem.

Anyone who's been keeping tabs on this blog know that I rant a lot about my job, but I'm sure many of you noticed last year it was for the sake of ranting, and more often than not I wrote them in such a way they'd (hopefully) entertain. Release tension through humour. Fun.

But I'm sure those who keep tabs have noticed that they don't sound like that anymore. They sound like someone who's well and truly pissed and tired.

This week really wasn't as bad as I make it out to be if it happened maybe a year ago. But now? It's a different kettle of fish indeed.

I'm looking back at my options. I'm not sure whether I can hold off till December (for those that remember the plan). Either way, we'll see how I feel tomorrow.

By the way, that make up job was done by my friend Aishah for my movie. Pretty good, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment