The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Play It Safe

Everybody on the face of this earth with an email account receives spam. And as the mass ammounts of junk advertising cheaper prices for bigger, harder dicks, it sure takes a copywriter with skill to write a headline in the 'subject' field that will catch the readers eye. And, as I flipped through my junk mail folder, I discovered a gem amongst the dirt:

"Safe way to drown your girlfriend in cum!"

...good to know.
Makes you wonder what kind of reaction they were expecting: "Wow! I've been hazardously drowning my girlfriend in cum this whole time. Now there's a safer way? Sign me up!"
It is an incredibly well crafted piece of copy, though, isn't it? The combination of "safe way" and "drown your girlfriend" negate each other which draws the reader into finding out more. Genius!
Although it really should read "Discover a safe way to drown your girlfriend in cum!" You know, needs a call-to-action as opposed to just being an announcement statement.
By God, I've been working here too fucking long.

No comments:

Post a Comment