The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Sunday, February 5, 2006

The Screening Question

After a couple of days with no replies (and I notice my comments section is rather empty, so I assume either none of you had an idea or you only read my blog when you're in the office and it's been a rather long holiday) I finally got some replies from the people I sent e-mails to.

First off, it seems like I should be able to screen my film at the HELP auditorium, which would be pretty cool. The only thing is the dude that handles all that (Mr. Wong Tuck Cheong) is at a film festival overseas and won't be back till the 20th, so I can only start going through it with him then.

Secondly, James Lee sent me a very helpful e-mail detailing all the different ways to get a movie screened which helped me figure out my options a lot clearer.

There was also an e-mail suggesting I show it at the cinemas near Pertama Complex, but I don't think they do digital.

My thought process right now is going something like this: the first option would be to have the movie screened at HELP first, with entry by donation, and use these screenings to get some publicity as well as use the setting as a way to screen it to production companies, cinema owners and people on the board of censorship. Then use the publicity to give it some recognition, attempt to get a rating and try and rope in some money for a cinema screening.

Another possibility would be to have a private press/promo screening first for publicity so that when it's screening at HELP there's already some info on it in magazines, then try and get into the cinemas.

Questions questions questions. By screening it at HELP I can get away with the whole censorship issue, but (and no offence to HELP) nothing beats a cinema.

Then again, my movie isn't exactly cinematic.

No comments:

Post a Comment