The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Marmot Control

Phew. Things've been a bit hectic, haven't they? Let's recap:

After a crazy day of work last Wednesday, I rushed to Red Communications to show Lina my showreel which consisted of 20 minutes of 'Ciplak', my music videos and short films. She said she enjoyed most of the Ciplak stuff and told me that whilst my directing's very rough around the edges I was a pretty good editor (I've always thought this anyway. I try and fix everything in post).

We talked a bit about what the prospects were of releasing 'Ciplak' to the public. Censorship's still a big issue, together with sound and picture quality. At one point she suggested re-shooting the movie in Malay.

Can't imagine that happening.

Right after that meeting I rushed to Taman Tun, picked up my guitar and rushed to Hartamas to audition another drummer for Triple 6 Poser. Not bad at all.

Then Thursday rolled around: another day of craziness at work. Straight after that I rushed over to the KLPac in Sentul and was literally blown away - Sentul Park is kick ass! Beautiful lakes and rolling fields and modern art and other such stuff. I met up with Ian and we went up to the Indicine room where they hold indie film screenings and acoustic gigs.

We talked about how the KLPac was starting an indie film series every first Sunday of the month. The March slot is open but it's too soon: no time for magazine coverage (I imagine the demographic that would enjoy 'Ciplak' to be the type that reads magazines more than newspapers). We talked about an April slot but a someone else has already taken it (later on I decided to book the place in April and pay the rental fee, then join the series at a later date).

After that I went home and for some reason decided to design a poster (see previous post).

Friday had less craziness, but craziness none the less. I left and rushed straight to Ampang for a quick meeting with the boys at Voxell to talk about animating the credit sequence. They may also animate some other bits for me. Meeting lasted 5 minutes because right after that I rushed straight to Etnik studios in another part of Ampang for rehearsals with Y2k. After that I rushed back to Taman Tun for a meeting with Liang.

Saturday I went with Saiful to get the computer and soundcard for the music studio and on Sunday I rested, watched Domino and almost killed the DVD player when it started fucking up halfway through season 7 of Friends. I may need to buy a new one.

Phew. And to think, when I first got back to Malaysia a typical day was to wake up sometime before eleven, go to the mamak for breakfast, go to Mid Valley to skate (badly) for a couple of hours, wander around the mall, maybe meet up with Jordan and Rauf for a drink then go home, watch a DVD and sleep.

At least I'm getting stuff done.

No comments:

Post a Comment