The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

10 Observations Over the Past Few Days

1. Advertising people, when trying to sound grand, call TV adverts 'films', as if to glorify what is essentially 30 to 90 seconds of persuassion. Feels incredibly pretentious. Like calling a song you wrote a 'composition'. Please, call a spade a spade.

2. Whilst I firmly believe making a movie with very little money and a lot of determination is a nice hook to spin a news story (and most of the newspapers and magazines coming to the press/preview screening would probably agree), a certain TV company feels it's bad publicity to tell people your movie budget was RM$10,000 where RM$8,000 was spent on the camera. I think it's bad publicity to tell people you spent RM$1.5 million on badly dubbed, poorly cinematographed, horrendously written trite (which accounts for about 87.283% of the film output of Malaysia (probably)).

3. The suits here are still idiots beyond comprehension: "I know it'll take two days to do, but I need it in half an hour! Pleeease...?" (this was, obviously, followed by the response "NO".)

4. I still have a thing for ass. And I still don't know why. Tits are a dime a dozen, but a peach of an ass... goddamn.

5. Working at Paul's Place without air-conditioning leaves you smelling like a construction worker (don't worry, it'll be on during the screening).

6. To quote the Pumpkins, "time is never time at all".

7. No matter what, no matter how, I can't get wireless internet at 1 Utama. Everyone else can and I envy them. I will be forever relegated to the Starbucks at Damansara Heights.

8. Whenever I have nothing to do, no-one gives me any work.When I have things to do, EVERYONE has something else for me to do too. It's getting on my fucking nerves. Leaving late when I need to leave early and leaving early when I don't necesarrily need to. If I don't arrive at my own screening tomorrow on time I'm not coming in to work on Thursday and that's that.

9. Keira Knightley is drop-dead sexy in 'Domino'. Yes, the plots a bit weird but I loved the movie and it's all down to her (with Tony Scott's fucked up visuals coming in a close second). Could've done with more of a lapdance scene though, but WOW. Feisty.

10. Taxi drivers are bastards. Last Saturday a taxi driver on the lane to my right of me near KLCC kept getting really close to me, trying to overtake me even though it's a red light in front. I stop the car at the red light, he swerves behind me, cuts around in front of me and another lane of cars performing an illegal u-turn whilst other cars are going in the other direction whilst, I shit you not, giving me the finger with mucho gusto the entire time till he was out of sight, leaving me wondering what I did to the fucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment