The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

When Will It End?!

When I figure out an ending worth watching.

After a hearty meal of monterey chicken with beef n chicken fajita's on the side at Chilli's (an obvious sign that yesterday was payday) with my girlfriend, I went back to The Hive (I haven't referred to my makeshift post-production studio as 'The Hive' in quite a while) to cut the ending.

And it's beginning to look iffy.

See, whilst most of the scenes were a case of plonking in the footage in the order they appear on the script, the ending for Ciplak is... well... undecided.

Two and a half scenes were shot to lead to the final scene, which can either comprise of all of this footage, one of the scenes + half or just the half bit. All of them 'make sense', but whether they resonate or not is another matter. By simply changing the order in which these two and a half scenes come about makes the film end on a different note. Decisions, decisions...

On top of that, there's the length factor. Up until the penultimate scene(s) (the final final scene in the movie is a given) the movie is already 73 minutes. I originally intended the movie to be a minimum of 70 minutes, maximum 90 minutes (with a 113 page script, that was wishful thinking). The rub? Those two scenes I was talking about amount to about 10 to 15 minutes each.

Ma ke hai chow chibai pukimak lanchau tyu nya seng and other such things (Chinese New Year's coming up, might as well stay away from the 'f' word and practice what little Cantonese/Hokkien I know. Funny how it's all swear words).

I'll figure it out, but there's a slight sense of urgency about it all. If I get it done tonight, tomorrow I can 'slip' it into the mail room of my dad's company, ensuring fast courier service to the Seattle International Film Festival at the price of zero. One of the guys at the office, Tony (a different Tony from the Tony I always talk about) is also trying to help get my film to a festival in Manila.

Tonight I'll figure out that infected chibai of an ending, even if it kills me.

No comments:

Post a Comment