The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Getting Better

Been going through the cut I have so far, and it definitely looks like I need to shoot another five minutes of footage to bridge the second act with the third. I originally thought I could pull it off in post using voice-overs and animated footage, but no such luck. So this Saturday it's back to Voxel (Jordan's place) to shoot a final scene.

Since we're shooting some more footage I also finally get to shoot the cameo by Izuan of Auburn fame that I was hoping to stick in there. His scene is basically an homage to Animal House (I'll give you a clue: it involves the word, "sorry," delivered very nonchalantly).

Should be able to slip those bits in for the cast and crew screening on Sunday. I've already half a mind to cut out another seven minutes from the first two acts to speed things up. I don't like the idea of the movie slowing down at all in these first two acts. Speedy Gonzalez stylee.

On the physical/mental state front, I'm feeling a bit better. Went rehearsing last night with Triple 6 Poser (with Jay back and auditioning a new drummer) and it was a nice release, even though I was still tired as fuck, and by the time I got home I fell asleep soundly for a good eight/nine hours for once. However, I will admit the lethargy is still there, but it's not as bad as before. Might not need as much caffeine.

Tonight I'm gonna back up some of my files, edit a bit more and meet up with an R n' B dude (who shall remain nameless for now) who I'm doing a music video for (hopefully). I'm just wondering whether I can get the 'Usher'-slick feel to it. The dude wants to shoot before Chinese New Year, which doesn't give much time. We'll have to see what's possible.

And on that note, just wanted to say thanks to all you out there for your words of encouragement and such. Means a lot. Keep those comments coming, they act like chicken soup for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment