The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Black Metal's Buggery

Latest updates: David, manager of Paul's Place, has been charged on four counts (which, if I'm not mistaken, includes running a business without a permit, having a signboard without a permit and selling alcohol to minors), a bunch of independent musicians have started up the Society of Independent and Amateur Musicians (S.I.A.M.) and the Fatwa are illegalizing black metal even further. I foresee witchhunts.

For example, I discovered last night that some of the labels in Malaysia have held back some of their upcoming releases (and some of these releases are by bands who've been around for five, six years) because of this whole black metal issue. Some of the CD's that were on shelves were apparently pulled down and had to be written off.

This entire black metal issue also means that the chances of getting a KDN sticker (a holographic sticker from the government to prove your product is both original and approved by the government) for our upcoming Y2k album are slim to none, which means pushing the release date even further.

Motherfuckers.

I guess now's a good time to concentrate on this movie lark, eh? Or perhaps a hip-hop career.

No comments:

Post a Comment