The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Wrath of Tony


[N.B. I wanted to originally call this post 'Wrath of Khai' because it's one letter away from 'Wrath of Khan', but it didn't make sense. For one thing I'm only acting in 'Wrath', not directing, and furthermore my character has less wrath than the main character.



...or do I? Hmmm...]

Bring on the ClaretSo, as some of you may (or may not) know, on top of my very own feature film, 'Ciplak', I've also been acting in Tony's filmmaking endeavour, 'Wrath'. If I had to trace back where the re-emergence of my filmmaking bug came from, you could probably trace it back to the dude. Through a mutual friend, I ended up acting in his first short film in Malaysia, 'Seeing Things', written by The Visitor. This event got the little filmmaking child inside me quite curious and if it wasn't for 'Seeing Things' I wouldn't have thought about writing and directing 'Nicotine'.

So you could say I owed the brah.

Last Saturday was the second day of shooting (for me). The whole film is silent. Instead of a script, Pietra's shooting with shootboards only. In essence, it's a revenge flick of the noir tradition with undertones of paranormality.

Yeah.

Going through the scenes

I won't let on much, but I will say this: I'm playing a keris-wielding psychopath who pee's blood named Tom after Tom Noonan's portrayal of Dolarhyde in 'Manhunter'.

Weapon of ChoiceAnd, just like in 'Seeing Things', the blood was in full flow. At least this time it was rose syrup, which looked a lot more effective, and I didn't have to spew it out. I swear, I must have spat out 4 pints of Ribena for 'Seeing Things'.

And with that, I leave you with my rough version of the poster. Credits and touch ups haven't been done yet, so bear with it. Enjoi.

Wrath: Coming Soon

As always, all pics from my Flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment