The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Production Meeting

Props. Storyboards. Equipment required. Scheduling. Animation. That pretty much sums up our first production meeting.

Sat in my room in Taman Tun (which shall now be dubbed 'the hive') we went through everything we needed for this weekends shoot. Whilst Ahmad video-ed the meeting (for upcoming documentary or DVD extra fun) myself and Ariff went through my hastily drawn boards whilst Diana took notes and records. Most of the meeting went like this:

ME: So I'm thinking of having the camera there, but the light's coming in from there, any worries of backlight?
ARIFF: No problem. We'll stick some sugar paper there, let the light come in from the top of the window and stick a reflector on this side for good measure.
ME: Nice. Sweetie, have we got sugar paper and a styrofoam board for reflectors on the equipment list?
DIANA: Yup. Got it all down.
ME: Cool. We'll pop out on Thursday after work to grab all the stuff. Ahmad, I'll go through the animation with you right after we sort out scene 23.
AHMAD: Ok.
ME: Ok. Ariff, on scene 23, I'm not sure between a tracking shot following the main character or a tilt up from the car. What'dya reckon?
ARIFF: ...
ME: Erm... Ariff?
ARIFF: Mmmm... Alba...
ME: Ariff? Could you put down the 'Making of Sin City' book? I've gotta send my girlfriend home later.

In a nutshell.

Going through the animation was interesting.

ME: Ok, the brain sequence runs through a page and a half and it's meant to be like the USS Enterprise, so all these guys in the brain are like Star Trek, but different...
AHMAD: Aaaarghh!!!
ME: What?
AHMAD: Lip sync!
ME: What's wrong ith lip sync?
AHMAD: Everyone in my class failed lip sync!
ME: Then create characters without lips.

We'll see how that turns out in November. The dude needs to finish college first.

Tomorrow is props and equipment buying. I've got shit-loads of miniDV tapes to buy as well as equipment for DIY lighting and my outfit for the duration of the movie. Not sure about how the guy's meant to look still. We'll soon find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment