The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

MVA Buggery

Apparently, after checking the recently updated MVA website, the call for entries was on the 22nd of August.

I find this both ammusing and infuriating, given that the website was still in 'last year' mode for most of August and, if I remember correctly, a good part of September. I distinctly remember asking around about the MVA call for entries in September, with narry a person sure of the date.

Either that or they changed the website on the same date as the call for entries, so if you wanted to prepare prior to that you'd be shit out of luck.

The deadline for submissions is 15th October. I was hoping to have finished my feature by the deadline of submissions but since I didn't know when the fuck it was before it was a bit tough to coordinate. I guess 'Ciplak' will not be premiering there.

Meat flaps.

However, I am tempted to submit 'Some Like It White', even though I know for a fact that it won't pick up an award. But the thought of judges trawling through tons of beautifully shot/deeply meaningful/aestheticly experimental short films and suddenly find themselves watching 11 minutes of politically incorrect banter puts a smile on my face. I know 'Some Like It White' isn't awards material, but I'm quite sure it'll stand out from the crowd like a spontaneously combusted left mammary on a Beoing 747.

Taste the plastic goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment