The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Man's Propensity to Make a Complete Tit of Himself

So I'm sat at Coffee Bean, right? Treating myself to a decent lunch now that at least one of my cheques has gone through, when this cute little girl pops on over and asks whether she can join me for a cigarette.

She seems to know me and her face is vaguely familiar but i can't put my finger on it. Regardless, we chit-chat and she seems to already know, at the very least, my job description. From what I can gather she's in the same company and we've been introduced before.

But for the life of me I can't remember who she is.

We carry on chit-chatting and I excuse myself and go back upstairs but the question's still bugging me and I'm feeling quite bad for not remembering this person. I can't believe I've forgotten this person because she's a really nice person and the fact that I can't remember must mean I was in some pissed off state when we were introduced or too dead to take proper notice.

See what advertising does to you? Fucks with your brain.

I didn't like this feeling. It's bad enough my close colleagues are dropping like flies. The fact that I can't remember a new colleague (who happens to be interesting and fun to talk to, a rarity in itself in this city) pissed me off to no end. I felt stupid and quite ashamed of myself that I had a nice conversation with this person as if I knew who she was when deep down at that moment in time you could describe me with the title of the only decent Alicia Silverstone movie.

...

...'Clueless', jackass.

So I go over to one of my colleagues and ask about her. I have a name, that's all, and even that I got wrong. Finally we figure out who she is, which section she's in and where she's sat. It just so happens that she's on my floor. It just so happens she's that her room is right next door to the people I've been talking to.

And it just so happens that her door was open.

...

...Ah. Fuck.

There are only two possibilities right now. She either heard the whole thing (or one of her colleagues heard it and passed it on) and I've made a complete tit of myself or I'm in the clear.

I hope I'm in the clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment