The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Monday, August 29, 2005

How Typical of Me...

...to miss my own television premiere of my short film.
A couple of hours before it aired, I was chilling with my girlfriend watching 'Honey' (someone give Alba a decent script, please, before she dissapears into B movie obscurity. She's too pretty for that) when Ray from Red Comm. called up.

"Hey, Khai."

"Hey, Ray," I replied, "whassup?"

"Just wanted to warn you about tonight's showing so that you don't get too shocked."

"Warn me? Why?"

"Well, after we sent your censored version of the film to the TV station, they said the content was still too controversial and asked us to make a few edits, which we did, then they said it was still too controversial so they took it and cut it up. We haven't seen their cut yet and I thought it would be best to warn you so there's no sudden surprises."

"Ok... can I get a copy?"

And with that, I finished 'Honey' and when my show was on I was introducing my girlfriend to the wonderful remake of 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' over a slice of pizza. She was suitably freaked. I'll check out the episode another time and upload it (if they permit me), together with the original cut.

Oh, and another thing I found interesting: on the Shortcuts website, they describe the movie as a "romantic comedy". People are gonna think I have a very skewed view of romance.

Or, like the feminist, they hate me and wish to liquify my balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment