The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Friday, July 1, 2005

Trials & Tribulations

So I met up with the actor and actress for my upcoming short film last night. The actor, Ikram, was a friend of mine I met through my girlfriend and te guys pretty enthusiastic, albeit a little intimidated by the fact that he's the lead male in the movie.

Then again, since there's only one guy and one girl in the movie technically he's the lead by default.

The actress, Vasha, was highly recommended by Eddy, who gave her my number. For a first time meeting, she was fun, pleasant, interesting and had quite a degree of experience in this performing arts lark. Very down to earth and attractive.

Even though I'd been running around like a headless chicken to meet these two, I was genuinely glad. I've got the cast, now all I have to do is confirm the location.

I had e-mailed The Ones In Power at my office about the movie because that's where I set the movie. Today I got the reply and a phone call.

1. I can't shoot in the pantry. No biggie.

2. There will be no air-conditioning over the weekend. That will cost RM$80. Per hour. But fuck it, let us sweat for the sake of art.

3. A cleaning lady will be hired to keep an eye on things. She will cost RM$100 for her time. Wow. My short film now has a budget.

Apart from that, all systems go... except fate decides to fart in my face once more. Vasha calls up and she can't make it due to a family function she absolutely positively can't squeeze her way out of.

Shiite.

I understand, though. Asian parentals aren't like you crazy Western types with your a-go-go music and hula hoops and counselling. Ah, well. Was looking forward to working with her.

But that does raise a serious problem. I have no woman. No woman for the woman part.

Nazneen, my actress for the feature length I'd blabbed on so much about, would appear too young, too sweet and unfortunately too short when compared to Ikram. I needed someone with a bit of height and a sexy demeanour.

It was then that I realized I have very few chicks in my phonebook. Either I have very high taste or chicks avoid me like the plague.

So now it's the mad rush to find a chick. I called Shelley, she's in Singapore. I called Vee, her phone's gone weird. I called Mizz Biggs, she ain't picking up. And I'm quickly running out of options. I've got Paul on the lookout and Vasha's making the calls, but so far, no go.

So far.

I swear, is it too much to ask for things to just go smoothly?

No comments:

Post a Comment