The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Happy Mondays

For the purposes of a 10am presentation to a client I awoke surprisingly early today, at 7am. This, for those who know me, is a record. I rarely roll out of bed till ten on weekdays, and even later on weekends.

After spending an insane amount of time hoping that hot water would wake me up, I attempted to get dressed whilst Mama Cat harrassed me constantly. She wanted love and affection of the strokey-stroke variety, purring and meowing away at my legs and sitting on my jeans. As I stroked her whilst picking out what shade of black to wear, the phone rang.

"Hello," said the voice, "is this Khairil?"

The cat tried to tell the person on the phone I was busy. I cut her off.

"Yes, speaking."

"Hi, this is Amir Muhammad. I saw your short film and was wondering whether we could show it on Shortcuts on Astro."

Well, bugger me senseless with an undone Rubik's cube.

All I was going for was the KSFM Malaysian Shorts. This is something else. This is cash and a TV interview.

And all it took was ten minutes of a movie about a girl who only dates white guys and a guy who's defense to the local race is "I got skills! I got skillz to pay my billz, girl!"

It's a Happy Monday indeed. Work better not fuck with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment