The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I'm Back

The second I got into the office yesterday for my first day of work after the holidays I was swamped. From 9.30am to 10.30pm I worked non-stop, running around like a headless chicken and taking short, tiny 5 minute breaks. Mental, yet somehow satisfying.

What wasn't satisfying, though, was the shit I have to sometimes put up with. I almost forgot how stupid some of these people can be. Not only is a good chunk of the work due by lunch time, a whole bunch of other stupid shit happened, such as:

(1) A job request I got where I was told "...the objective of this video is to gizz out the 3 minutes video montage..." That's an actual quote. They want me to "gizz out" a video. How does one gizz out a video? What is this gizz? Are they thinking the same 'gizz' I'm thinking, or am I just a pervert? Wait. Don't answer that.

(2) They locked us in. Literally. They locked all exits from my floor in the middle of the night. If there weren't any stairs to the floor above we'd have been fucked.

(3) the big kahuna of stupidity. I was being rushed to write some copy that needed to be translated overnight. The translator was on standby. I rushed out the copy and sent it out at 10.30pm before leaving the office. I then left for jamming and came back today knackered. About 20 minutes ago I get a call from the AAD, telling me that the e-mail wasn't received.

Let me rephrase: 16 HOURS after the e-mail was sent, now only she realizes the e-mail wasn't received. She then says she didn't receive it either. I tell her that's bullshit and make her check her inbox. I also re-send the e-mail with the original date and time still on it, pissed that this stupid bitch is trying to accuse me of not sending the e-mail. The more I thought about it, I got even more pissed. Why? Because she then tells me the first batch sent for translation (which I sent around 7pm yesterday) has just been sent back to us translated, and this new batch I just sent out will be back soon, possibly within the hour. Now, either (a) the translator's been arsing about since 7pm yesterday or the more obvious: (b) she didn't send the first batch out for translation until just recently, and that's when she spoke to the translator and realized they didn't receive the e-mail. And this is the same bitch that's been rushing us.

I swear if she keeps acting like a bitch I'm gonna slap her like a bitch. To quote Ron Burgundy, "hit her in the uvula!"

No comments:

Post a Comment