The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Some Slight Progress

So I met up with el producer last night, Fucker bin Fucker a.k.a. Ariff Akhir, singer/songwriter extraordinaire who will be appearing in the movie briefly in a flashback. We sat at Burger King under the shadows of a huge inflatable Darth Vader (I have to take photos of it to show you, it's warped) eating whoppers and discussing the movie. In particular, the role of the father (of course, by 'role of the father' we mean in the context of the movie, not the role of a father figure in general from a psycho-analytical or sociological sense, although talking about the 'role of the father' in the same paragraph that has a reference to Darth Vader is kind funny. I make funny. Sorry. Back to the plot).

"What news of Rafique?" I asked.

Apparently trying to contact the guy was tougher than getting an elephant's dick in a durex but one must try. He spent half an hour crafting a masterstroke e-mail, sent it to Rafique, only to discover his mailbox is full. He then tried to call Sae Hon (I think that's how it spelt) to ask for his number, but couldn't get through to him. Once he did, he didn't have the number. Finally, a quick call to Pete Teo and lo, a number was found.

Fucker bin Fucker then went around Darth Vader's large red wobbly light saber to discuss matters. Five minutes later...

"He's interested. We'll meet him this Saturday morning to discuss it further."

Aha. The producer can produce n' shit. Sweet.

This also made me realize a common difference between those above the age of 30 and those below when it came to cold-call-casting. All the young dudes exclaim, "sweet, dude, count me in," whilst the more mature generation say they're "interested". Hassan was interested. Now Rafique is interested.

If all goes well this Saturday my cast will almost be complete. All that's left are a few of the filler roles: the British guy in the pub and his sarong party girl, a random clerk here and there, shouldn't be a problem. Fingers crossed, fingers crossed. On the same day I'll probably go check out 'Cravings' and see if they're interested.

No. Persuade them to be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment