The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Monday, May 9, 2005

I Am Your Father

So I did some snooping around and discovered that Kamal has acting experience and has worked with several directors in film and theater. I could be wrong, but that's the 411. Opinions in the office of the question, "you reckon Kamal could look like he had a 19 year old daughter" were varied, with the positive answers always followed by, "of course, he'll need some make-up..."

The Swede hasn't replied yet. Reply, Lars, reply!

Also got some info from a production manager from TV3 who just so happens to be one of my girlfriends' girlfriend. She gave us a list of the make-up stuff used on tv productions to make someone look older, as well as some tips on making fake blood and bruises.

Apparently, at TV3 they use a combination of peanut butter, Nescafe and rose syrup. Peanut butter for the thickness, rose syrup for the color and Nescafe for... um... the caffeine.

The make-up tips on bruises didn't sound too hot, though. The advice was to just use dark make-up. but at the hands of someone who's never done this shit before I fear it may end up looking like the person had been attacked by a big paintbrush dipped in dark blue ink.

But the production manager said she'd pop over on the make-up days to help out. So that's cool.

Have also been doing some research on what type of clothes the girl should wear. What I like to do when I'm doing productions is to sketch how I think the character looks, then use those sketches as a reference. I did this for my university set Alice in Wonderland production and they ended up being the teaser poster. However, sometimes I go a bit wild on the sketches and need to be brought back to reality.

For example, in said production my first sketches of Alice actually had her with a Robert Smith hairstyle, large Mighty Ducks jersey and panties hidden under the jersey, showing of nubile long legs. I showed it to my production team.

"Err... I thought we were gonna have Alice as a conservative kinda girl?" said one.

"Who the fuck cares!?" I replied, "Imagine how hot she'll look!"

This wasn't enough of an argument. Democracy sucks. The character ended up in a tight white t-shirt and pajama-pants.

Last night with my girlfriend (who will be the production manager) I ran by the idea of having Diane, the lead female in my movie, dressed in the same way.

"But I thought she was supposed to be a conservative kinda girl who deep down likes seventies rock?" she said.

"Who the fuck cares!?" I replied, "Imagine how hot... I mean, she'd look really cool!"

"I don't think it'll work. That look would only work for a character who was more open minded, independent... Diane's not like that."

"Fuck it, then. Next script I do is going to have a chick looking like that. Just one scene. One fucking scene of a hot chick in a Mighty Ducks jersey."

"Well, you could always film it and not use the footage."

"No. The Mighty Ducks chick must be seen by the world in all her Mighty Ducky glory."

This obsession with a chick dressed in just a sports jersey may or may not have been inspired by this girl on the same floor as me at my student residence in the 1st year. I think her name was Kate, and sometimes she'd walk around in just an Orlando Magics jersey and fluffy bunny slippers. Sometimes she'd walk to the showers in a what looked like a hand towel. Further proof that God exists, and he is indeed benevolent.

Side story about Kate: she used to complain to the guards that my friends and I made too much noise. So my friend Kul asked her why she's a bitch to her face. He then attempted to write an apology note for his rude behaviour but I think he got drunk instead.

...

Wow. We've really meandered from the father topic, haven't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment