The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Friday, April 22, 2005

The Final Draft, Pre-Pro Nitty-Gritty & Losing the Belly

Effing finally. The shooting script, the third and final draft is finally fucking finished. Now I can concentrate on all the other parts of this production.

I've been going through things with much more microscopic detail right now too. With the script, it was tweaking even the tiniest 'um' and 'ahh'. Now I'm going through the other aspects of the production, even the brand of cigarettes he smokes.

I was having a drink with my friend Naren last night and I actually brought this up, as I had no idea what to call this fictional pack of cigarettes. All I knew was that I wanted it to sound... British.

"You should call it 'Morris'", he said without missing a beat.

Mr. Morris was our headmaster in college and he didn't take too lightly to us smokers by the second year. I liked it. Today I spoke with a friend of mine at the office who works on designing cigarette packs (and rather out of the blue decided to hug me and give me sweets, God bless her) and asked her for her expertise. She said yes. I'm incredibly tempted to either bastardize the Concord college logo and put it on the pack. Or even better, stick a sheep on it.

If you know who Mr. Morris is, you'll see the humor.

Then there's all the other props, every single piece of wardrobe for every character and every possible shooting location. Though it may sound like a bit of hard work, I'm thoroughly enjoying the whole process.

One thing I am possibly considering, though, is changing the name of the movie. 'Celup', with it's two-sylable-one-worded-ness sounds too close to 'Sepet'. The other name I had for it, 'Sympathy for the Devil', might work, but I'm pretty sure some other movie out there has taken this name. Besides, if it was called that, I'd be too tempted to stick the Rolling Stones song in the movie and I know I can't afford the rights.

I'll also probably start shooting footage for the 'making of' during the first few rehearsals and recording of the soundtrack. I want to shoot a 'making of' doco so that (a) I can look back at it with fond memories, (b) look closer and realize what I'm doing wrong in the event of major fucked-up-ness and (c) possibly cut together something decent for the DVD.

Another thought that's been running through my head: I've got to lose weight. If I'm supposed to play a guy that this girl coceivably falls in love with, I can't possibly be a fat fuck, now can I? The only problem is most of my mooby-mass is in my belly, one of the toughest parts to trim down. I also have the patience and will power of a heroin addict when it comes to exercise. Even starving myself is difficult. I love food too fucking much.

Perhaps camera trickery. Never shoot the belly. Don't wear white. Suck it in! Think thin!

No comments:

Post a Comment