The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First Gig of the Year...

...and I'm hella lookin' forward to it.



So I got an SMS from Pete Teo, asking if Rollin' Sixers would like to play at No Black Tie (that's him there in the pic above with me in Pusan where we both look... fucked). I was excited. The last time we played NBT we were playing acoustic, now we get to play our set the way we usually do.



He then told me we'd be sharing the bill with a Japanese band - even cooler.

I later found out the band was none other than Doc Holiday and Apache Train.

When I was in the band with the Angry Fat Man where we wore masks we played the Fat Festival in Thailand which had a whole bunch of cool indie bands from around the world as well as Thai. One of those bands was Doc Holiday and I'm telling you now - if you're not gonna come to the show to watch my band or Pete play, at least come to watch these guys. They not only have a kick-ass sound, they have back-up dancers.



And these back-up dancers are skeletons. That picture above? That skeleton ain't just for show. Someone stands behind it and dances the thing.

On top of that you've got Pete Teo bringing the acoustic stylee and it's sure to be a kick ass night.

The gig's on the 16th at No Black Tie at 9.30pm. Tickets are RM30. More details about the bands can be found at Pete's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment