The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Word From Bugsy Oldman



Those of you that know me know my stance on Rocky III: the one that you remember as being cool as a kid but watch again with one eyebrow arched when you're grown up after realizing how homoerotic and camp it is compared to the first two.

As well as how many times the words 'eye of the tiger' is mentioned.

(By the way, no: this isn't the one with the Russian and the robot maid).

On the Flixster application on Facebook, I may have mentioned this, because it's the only reason I can think of for receiving the following message from someone named 'Bugsys Oldman':

"Pin your scouse ears back and listen in you toerag.

I don't normally make it my business to converse with dirty little backstreet villains like you but I had heard several complaints that you had been badmouthing Rocky and to my disgust I find that this is true.

There is nothing homoerotic about 2 heroes grappling with one another despite what your warped mind may think. You have clearly never been in a fight, let alone gone 10 rounds with a true champion. A real man would only see the beauty in such a spectacle and get appreciate the emotion of the scene.

If you really want to learn the true meaning of the word homoerotic, then I might let Bungle and Wilding get double-naughty on you.

You have been treading a fine line and so until I hear better things, you will remain on my list and let me tell you, that is not a good list to be on, lad.

I'll be keeping my eye on you from now on to make sure you stay in check
."

I've never been called a scouse before, and I don't think it applies.

No comments:

Post a Comment