The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Friday, March 3, 2006

And it Burns, Burns, Burns...

Last night, in a fit of extreme hunger, I chowed down two chilli dogs at Hartamas.

Today, my cornhole is paying for it with an extremely burning sensation that may or may not have inspired the classic country song "Ring of Fire".

Other updates in my sordid life:

1. Got a gig in Penang this coming Sunday. If any of you readers happen to be in Penang pop on over to the Church Street Cafe on Church Street from 7pm onwards. Cover charge is RM$12 and both my bands Y2k and Triple 6 Poser will be performing alongside Psycho Sickness and Saerze together with Penang bands Hearts On Fire, Leather Charms, White Light and Poseidon. Click here for a flyer.

2. Got a date booked for the next screening of 'Ciplak', which will be at the Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Center. Once I get the details sussed out I'll let y'all know. Most probably will be in the afternoon.

3. Speaking of 'Ciplak', checked out the 3D modelling that's been done for the opening credit sequence and it looks kick-ass. Voxell represent!

4. Also, speaking of KLPac and gigs, I've got a solo gig coming up in the 'Troubadours' series they're having. My set'll probably consist of some of the new songs I've written that don't fit both Y2k and Triple 6 Poser, as well as some of the old songs from my Khaimano days. I'm also thinking of experimenting with my set by bringing my laptop with me and laying down some beats and ambient random-ness together with my guitar. Hopefully it works. For some reason I'm incredibly tempted to do a crunk version of the Khaimano track 'This Is Black Metal'. Will keep y'all updated about this.

5. There'll also be another gig with Y2k at Jam Asia in Hartamas, an acoustic set no less. We're seriously contemplating doing an acoustic version of a track from the Hustle & Flow soundtrack (even though we know hardly anyone in the audience would have seen the movie). That gig'll be happening on Saturday the 18th of March (I think).

6. And yet another gig is in the works for this month, this time in Singapore. Both Y2k and Triple 6 Poser will be hitting it up. For some reason all I can think about now when thinking about Singapore is hitting up all the fast food joints: Taco Bell (even though they don't have any beef), Carl's Jnr, etc.

7. And finally, my end date. Yes, I'll be leaving Grey on Monday 27th of March to concentrate on all the FYI endeavours: FYI Entertainment, FYI Studios and FYI Films. Hopefully all goes well and if it doesn't, well, I guess I'll be well and truly fucked. But that's ok. Ain't the first time.

And now it feels like once again I'm going to fall down the burning ring of fire. Ciaoza.

...I'm sure the cleaning lady must hate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment