The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Some Don't Like It White

Had a look at the MVA website today. They've posted up the entire agenda and what movies they're screening. 'Some Like It White' is nowhere to be found.

Ah, bugger.

'Wrath' isn't up there either. Double bugger.

With cheese.

I could be wrong. When I was checking the website I had to keep refreshing and checking other links because everything was going weird (as if someone was updating it whilst I was searching it) so maybe, just maybe, there might be the slightest chance that...

Fuck that, who am I kidding? It's 10 minutes of profanity and cleavage shots.

This is exactly why I was hesitant to enter the MVA's last year. There's a whole unsaid expectation that builds up inside you when you prepare your materials to enter for an award, be it advertising or film festivals. As you prepare each piece, each promo slide and copy of the movie, this expectation and anticipation builds up and when you pay your entry fee and submit your movie it doesn't subside. It gets bigger.

So... let's recap: no MC2 for my Young Guns ad, no Kancil for my TVC and not even a screening for my short film at the MVA's.

If 'Ciplak' doesn't work out I'm selling the video camera and taking up stained-glass painting instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment