The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Friday, October 7, 2005

More Planning

My Production Manager and girlfriend Diana watched the rough edit of the first 5 minutes of the movie and, surprisingly, she was impressed. However, it's always tough to gauge the honesty of a reaction when it's your girlfriend. I know she wouldn't lie about it, but I'd feel more comfortable if I had more opinions.

Tomorrow is open for a shooting day, since Tony is spreading the shooting days for his short film, "Wrath", after the news that the MVA deadlines have been pushed. I'm planning to finish up all scenes that involve me and me alone. These include scenes of me driving around, exterior shots of the car driving around, some shots of KL, its people and landmarks, close-ups of changing gears and reving the engine and a few phone conversation scenes in parking lots. Once I have all those out of the way I can concentrate on the one-on-one scenes with the other actors. Those (I think) will be easier, although they have the propensity to be harder to do.

I'm also planning a whole bunch of interiors to shoot during weekday nights even though the scenes are meant to be day. But some of these scenes take place in rooms where there's no daylight, so it doesn't make much of a diff.

Last night the sleep deprivation left me in a feverish state. I'd probably be ill today if my girlfriend didn't come over for some much needed taking care of. Spent most of the evening watching Michael Mann's "Manhunter". I now see what inspires Tony so.

No comments:

Post a Comment