The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Indecisive

Last night I watched the rushes for my attempts at shooting myself. Only the pick-up shots were usable and the car footage made me want to puke due to the motion sickness.

I then decided to try and edit the opening minute of the movie which took about an hour plus and I watched it. And watched it. And watched it. I then watched all the other footage over the weekend again and again and again.

Right now it's crunch time: I'm not happy enough with the footage. I'm not feeling 100% about the result of the first 2 days of production. Certain angles don't seem right, my acting goes dodge in some parts, the clothes I'm wearing seem very impracticle for the character in retrospect. There are two options right now:

(1) The Safety Route: Shoot the rest of the movie, then re-watch the opening and see whether it can all still fit. This will keep things within schedule. The problem here is that this means sticking to the wardrobe we've picked. And the scenes we've already shot are the opening scenes. The movie needs to open with a bang.

(2) The Primadona Route: Re-shoot EVERYTHING. Re-look at the characters, the boards, the set-up, the look of the characters, the locations and re-shoot the entire fucking thing. This will push us way beyond schedule, but it would ensure I get the movie to look the way I want it to.

Decisions, decisions. Meanwhile, I have other projects to keep me occupied till the next shoot. Tonight I'm shooting some footage of Dragonred to cut a simple music video for them and over the weekend I'm acting in a short film Tony's doing. I'm playing a serial killer. I like.

The next weekend we'll continue shooting the movie. We'll just have to see how it all goes, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment