The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Monday, May 30, 2005

So Let's Recap

So far,

(a) Most of our principle cast has been finalized except for the father, who we hope Jalaludin Hassan will play for a modest sum. We could try and convince him to possibly take points, but I doubt he would. The rest of the cast & crew will, however, be getting points off the movie for the rest of their natural born lives, although I'm guessing the checks will be akin to the RM$1.50 checks I get from Musiccanteen every two-three months.

(b) The shooting dates are being scheduled as we speak. At present, shooting begins on the 25th of June and ends on the 31st of July, giving us a total of 12 full days of shooting (weekends, you see) plus whatever night shots we'll take during weekdays when I have time. We'll have the rehearsals on Friday nights before each weekend to go through specific line delivery and whatever lines don't work. The weekend before shooting, the 19th of June, will be used for a big meet & greet session for the cast & crew as well as a debriefing and consumption of fine local foods. Or I'll just cook a huge tub of pasta. I like pasta.

(c) That gives me the entire month of August for post-production, editing the fucker, any voice-overs, finishing up the soundtrack and of course, a trailer. By August the Y2k album will be sent off for mastering, leaving me with ample time to concentrate on this 90 minute feature.

(d) Whilst I'm in England for ten days starting Thursday, Ariff will hopefully sort out the scheduling, props, contracts and most important of all, the camera. We need that camera. No camera, no movie. Right now the options for the camera are either (i) sponsorship from Sony, (ii) sponsorship from Canon which may require us to use Apple, which I'm not too hot about, or (iii) sponsorship from Monash College. All three are long-shots. Worst case scenario is (iv) buy the fucker. This will either involve begging my dad or getting a Maybank credit card and paying in installments.

Phew. The time is drawing close. I should go check about those cigarette packs I asked my colleague to make. And call the make-up person. And all kinds of other crap.

I'm so glad I'm going to England.

No comments:

Post a Comment