The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Monday, April 11, 2005

Last Night...

...I stayed up and worked out my production notes: dream cast, possible crew, where to get props and equipment, etc. There are three routes available to me at the moment.

The first would be the Sam Raimi way of starting a limited company and get investment from various people. Time consuming, risky and I don't like the idea of having to owe a bunch of people I don't know.

Then there's the the Kevin Smith route, where you apply for as many credit cards as you can and use those to bankroll the film. Bit on the risky, but curious and anarchic. I'd owe a bank in this situation, but I don't mind giving the banks a runaround, as opposed to dentists and relatives.

Thirdly, the Rodriguez way: beg, borrow and steal. I like this way, but I'm just wondering how many friends I can rope in to get this to work.

I was also thinking a lot about the music for the film. Music would be very important. Az just mentioned it in the comments section, possibly offering his acoustic fingerstyle technique. There could be a possible spot for a song of his style somewhere in there, but I also want a very strong theme running throughout the movie in the music. It has to reflect the female character's influences (sixties/seventies rock and female songwriters) as well as the male character's British background.

Something in the same vein as Sleeper's "the It Girl" album comes to mind. I like that album.

I also know that at some point my "London Town" song has to be in there (probably either re-record it or get the female character to cover it). And I must capitalize on my record label roster of bands (good publicity) and try and convince Man Method of Ta-Dhin to do me a track. Preferably with less bleeps, though. Might write most of the music and at least give a direction and mood for the other artists to work on.

This project is so incrediby close to my heart I want to have my fingers in all the pies. This might not be such a good idea.

Anybody wanna lend a hand? Failing that, anybody got a Canon XL1?

No comments:

Post a Comment