The Ex-Guber on Tumblr

A constant feed from my Tumblr blog, where I have now parked myself after realizing I'm not enjoying Blogger that much.

Friday, April 8, 2005

After 3 Days of Writing...

...I finished the first draft of the script last night at 2:43am.

And it feels good.

The technique of writing basic scenes and crossing them off after each was done paid off. Sure, some bits were rearranged, some bits were changed altogether, but it worked and I have a complete script. 70 pages long which, if I've formatted correctly, is about 70 minutes. Add the little song sequences and lingering montage mood shots and it'll probably clock in at 80+ minutes.

I didn't get jinxed along the way, but I'm sure the thing is in dire need of a rewrite. I just blazed through the damn thing, getting the scenes and dialogue out of my head. The bones and meat and brains and heart are all there. It just needs a bit of a touch up on the skin... the face... the hair...

Yes, we're still talking about writing.

So maybe I should tell you guys about the story... or not. I'll save that for another post. I've got some stuff to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment